The Fundamentals Of Peer Review And Responding To Reviewer Comments
Boost your chances of publication success with a comprehensive understanding of peer review and effective communication strategies from experts at one of the world’s leading publishers.
What will you learn?
- Current trends and general challenges in peer review
- Types of peer review and understanding its pros and cons
- 9 Principal stages that commonly occur during peer review
- The important role played by the editor in peer review
- 5 Key things a reviewer will look for in your submission
- Understanding what are the typical concerns of a reviewer
- Factors that help a journal editor arrive at a decision
- Common reasons for rejection and how to deal with it
- 4 Key considerations while responding to reviewer comments
- Evaluating reviewer comments and planning responses
- Drafting a response letter to help improve chances of success
- 5 Communication strategies when you’ve received a bad review
The peer review process can be stressful and confusing. Delays in reviews or decision-making, vague comments or major revisions requests, or an unfavorable outcome like rejection can be frustrating for research authors.
This intensive course aims to give authors a comprehensive understanding of the peer review process and equip them with advanced strategies to deal with peer review challenges like responding to reviewer comments. With 20 extensive modules on various aspects of the peer review process, participants get a deep-dive into the world of peer review. Each module consists of an interactive video, a quiz to test your learning, and other reading resources. Get ready to ace your next peer review, stress-free and confidently, by learning from publishing experts at Wiley.
About the course author:
Verity Warne has nearly 20 years of experience as a marketing and communication specialist in the scholarly publication industry. In 2015, Verity was appointed as the Associate Marketing Director at Wiley, where she was responsible for defining and implementing peer reviewer engagement strategy and marketing Wiley’s peer review services. Currently, she is the Head of Communications at Earth Trust.
Are you an early career researcher seeking to improve your research writing skills? Are you an established researcher who wants to better understand the scholarly publishing landscape? Wiley Researcher Academy has the tools you need to navigate the publishing process and increase your chances of achieving a successful publishing outcome.
Written and presented by a global network of journal editors and industry experts from Wiley's prestigious scientific publishing portfolio, Wiley Researcher Academy provides an authoritative source of training and enablement to help researchers at any level achieve their full potential.