How Publishers and Journal Editors Can Improve Your Research Impact and Visibility
Get acquainted with major commercial publishers and understand the roles and responsibilities their editorial team plays in maximizing the reach of your publication.
What will you learn?
- The “big five” among commercial publishers and their functions
- Four key university press research publishers and what they do
- How and why societies and publishers partner with each other
- The eight current trends in international research publishing
- The 2 types of Editor-in-Chief and the main role they play
- Quality, transparency, and other key Editor-in-Chief responsibilities
- 7 Other editorial roles in publishing in addition to Editor-in-Chief
- Technologies to increase the digital outreach of your research
- Five common requirements for journal indexing services
- CrossRef, DOI, and other ways to make research discoverable
- Key innovations in assessing, publishing, and profiling research
- Recent and relevant innovations in content and distribution
The publication home you choose for your research, as well as your journal editors, and the Editor-in-Chief play a critical role in making your publishing journey a success. In order to maximize your research impact and visibility, it is important to understand your publisher’s roles and responsibilities right from research publication to distribution.
In this course, you will learn about the key responsibilities of your publisher's editorial team and it’s Editor-in-Chief. You will also develop a better understanding of the major players in publishing, current trends, and the latest technology and strategies adopted by publishers to maximize your manuscript's reach. This interactive course also includes learning modules, video interviews, quizzes, and other useful resources related to the production process, planning cycles, indexing, and strategies for improving research visibility.
Are you an early career researcher seeking to improve your research writing skills? Are you an established researcher who wants to better understand the scholarly publishing landscape? Wiley Researcher Academy has the tools you need to navigate the publishing process and increase your chances of achieving a successful publishing outcome.
Written and presented by a global network of journal editors and industry experts from Wiley's prestigious scientific publishing portfolio, Wiley Researcher Academy provides an authoritative source of training and enablement to help researchers at any level achieve their full potential.